What is social selling and how do you use it? How can you more effectively use social media to make a profit? Companies that don’t use social media will be left behind, but what are some tips for companies that do use social media? Dan Newman, president of Broadsuite shares his expert opinion.
1. Get your sales team on board. Spend time on social selling, and helping your team know how to connect with customers with social media.
2. Take baby steps. Sales executives often need some simple tactics such as how to use social media or content.
3. Show results. Wins don’t have to be just sales. He advises clients to track conversations and appointments generated from the tactics he suggests in the article.
4. Have your ear to the ground. Keep an eye out for content that is useful for your clients.
5. Keep track. When you find useful content, it is a good practice to keep an Excel or Word document where you keep the article titles, links and main topic.
6. Find connections. Look for opportunities to pair the content with specific clients.
7. Make it meaningful. Deliver the content with an email and a simple message that helps the customer or prospect understand the topic and why you think it is important.
8. Include a call to action. Make sure the client needs to take some sort of step. Some examples include a follow-up call or a meeting, where you can discuss the information.
Comment your thoughts below!